The school library primarily supports SPSBL’s instructional, curricular and research programs through organized, relevant, updated and fast delivery of services.
It adopts an open shelf system that grants the students with a free access to the resources placed in open shelves and organized based on the standard scheme thru the use of the Dewey Decimal Classification System.
The objectives of the office are as follows:
- To provide sufficient, relevant and updated information sources necessary to support the curricular, information, recreational and professional needs of the clientele;
- To develop, enrich and maintain the library collection for the need of the curriculum and programs offered by the school;
- To promote the effective and proper utilization of the library and its belongings;
- To update the library resources and equipment with current trends in the information technology.
Library Service Hours
The library is open every day, from Monday to Sunday, with the following schedules:
Monday to Friday: 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturday: 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Sunday: 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Programs and Services
The following are the programs and services offered by the school library:
- Loan of the library materials
- Readers and Research Advise
- Assist users in the selection of books and other information sources on a given topic
- Gives instruction on the use of the library and different information sources, search tools and facilities
- Conducts literature search on the subject of inquiry
- Instructs individuals in identifying and locating needed sources.
- Cataloguing, Classification, Indexing and Abstracting Services Organizes information to make it more readily available and easily retrievable to users
- Open-shelf Control System allows the user free access to the collection of books
- Information and Referrals
- Provides personalized assistance for bibliographic search and information retrieval
- Attends to visiting users and researchers with written referral letter
- Processes referrals of SPSBL students who are to use other libraries
Celia Flor R. Lacosta